View the latest changes to the benefits application process along with VEC office closings, FAQ's, pertinent news releases and links to other helpful sites on our COVID-19 Resources page.
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions section. Please select the area your question is referring to.
- General Unemployment Insurance Questions
- Internet Filing Questions
- Unemployment Insurance Issue Questions
- Voice Response System Questions
- Overview of Employer Services
- Business Owners filing for Unemployment Compensation
- Employer UI Tax Questions - FAQ's for Employer UI Tax Questions
- Trade Act - The TAA program is a federal program established under the Trade Act of 1974. The TAA Program provides aid to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports.
- Web Upload - Web Upload is a way to file and pay your Unemployment Insurance Tax Reports. It gives your company the ability to save all report and payment information into a single file to upload to the VEC. Similar types of systems may be referred to as "bulk filing" or "bulk uploading".
- iFile/iReg – Business iFile and iReg allow the online registration of new businesses for both the Virginia Department of Taxation and the Virginia Employment Commission. It can also be used for filing and paying various corporate taxes collected by the Virginia Department of Taxation and the Virginia Employment Commission.