Free Online Filing Services: eForms FC20/21, Business iFile/iReg and Web Upload
VEC offers several ways to file your Unemployment Insurance Tax Reports and pay your Unemployment Insurance Taxes.
- eForms FC20/21 Quarterly Reports;
- Business iFile and iReg (Employer Self Service);
eForms FC20/21 Quarterly Reports, Business iFile and Web Upload are free online filing services, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition, you no longer complete and file the paper report/schedule. You can securely file and pay the Employer FC-20 Tax Report and the Employer FC-21 Payroll Report online. You also have the ability to schedule (or warehouse) payments for submission on a future date (up to the due date of the report).
- eForms FC20/21 gives a small employer or a household employer the ability to file their Quarterly Reports (Forms FC20/21) electronically in a quick and easy manner. (eForms FC20/21 Information)
- Business iFile gives your company the capability to key payroll reports online. Users also have the ability to view account status and agency communications in real-time. (Business iFile Information)
- Web Upload gives your company the ability to save all report and payment information into a single file to upload to the VEC. Similar types of systems may be referred to as "bulk filing" or "bulk uploading". (Web Upload Information)
Review the information below to determine which system best fits your filing needs:
No Sign-Up Required;
|File and Pay taxes online (100+ Employees)|
Quick and Easy to use
File quickly for only one company
File on behalf of one or multiple companies
Immediate confirmation for a filed report
Required fields are manually entered into the system
Modify your Web Upload layout to match your file and system layout
Print a copy of your filed report for your records
Type report and payment information for each period
Create or use an existing file to submit report and payment information together without having to re-enter each filing period
Pay your taxes online with no additional fees
Store information for more than one checking account.
Designate one bank account for all payments in a file or designate a different bank account for each payment in a file. These must be checking accounts.
What if electronic filing causes undue hardship?
You may request a temporary waiver by submitting an Electronic Filing Waiver Request, citing your specific hardship. If approved, all waivers are temporary and must be renewed annually.
Undue hardship is a concept which revolves around the idea that if meeting a legal obligation would constitute an unreasonable or insurmountable hardship, someone may be exempted from that obligation.
Register a business:
- Register a new business Online
- Update Your Business Profile
- Enter FC 21 Payroll reports online and FC20 Tax Reports
Download the VEC FC-27 (Report to Determine Liability for State Unemployment Tax) and instruction page. (Right click on link, go down to "Save Target As" and save it to your computer). There are several questions on the form regarding the qualifications of General Employers, Agricultural Employers, Household Employers, Nonprofit Employers, acquiring an existing business or if you are already subject to the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA). Do not mail the form to the VEC until you meet one of the requirements noted in questions 7a through 10 on form FC-27. The VEC will assign an account number only if you meet one of the criteria and mark your response as "yes".
Mail your completed VEC FC-27 form
Virginia Employment Commission
P.O. Box 26441
Richmond, VA 23261-6441
When your application is entered in our database we will send you a "new employer" packet with any tax reports that need to be filed along with additional information about our reporting requirements. Penalties on new accounts are assessed only if required reports are filed after the due date of the reported quarter. Future tax reports will be mailed to you on a quarterly basis. You should receive them at the end of the last month of each calendar quarter.