The Food Safety and Inspection Service Raleigh District office invites you to the Central Library in Harrisonburg, VA for an opportunity to speak with our representatives about career opportunities, excellent benefits, incentives, and the FSIS job application process.
We are currently recruiting for Food Inspector and Consumer Safety Inspector positions with up to 5K Recruitment Incentive in the following areas: Edinburg, Harrisonburg, Hinton, Middletown, New Market, and Timberville.
Food Inspector Duties:
- Examine food animals in privately-owned meat or poultry plants.
- Perform their duties before and after slaughter, guaranteeing that the product is not contaminated.
- Maintain sanitation procedures.
- Are a valued member of a dynamic team that ensures the product is fit to eat and compliant with Federal laws.
Consumer Safety Inspector Duties:
- Ensure that regulated establishments produce a safe product by executing appropriate inspection methods, determining non-compliance with regulatory requirements, documenting noncompliance and initiating enforcement actions, where warranted.
- Verify that meat and poultry slaughter and/or processing establishment's Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans meet regulatory requirements.
- Execute Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans effectively to prevent unsanitary conditions and adulteration of product.
- Review records, observe plant operations and conduct hands-on verification to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and prepare detailed documentation (Non-Compliance Records) of non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Determine when regulatory control action is necessary. You will assess whether the plant's corrective or preventative actions are acceptable and effective, if there are trends in noncompliance, or if an enforcement action is warranted.
- Conduct regulatory oversight activities inside plants in matters relating to other consumer protections (e.g., economic adulteration and misbranding).
Click on the video below to experience what it's like to work in a slaughter plant as an Inspection Personnel.
FSIS Food Inspector - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsSJMQkMI64
Browse our Career Opportunities and Benefits Online
Job Opportunities | Food Safety and Inspection Service (usda.gov)
Federal Employee Benefits Summary | Food Safety and Inspection Service (usda.gov)
All job seekers are required to schedule an appointment prior to the event. Please call 919-326-5292 or email .
174 S Main St.
Harrisonburg, VA 22801