There is no restaurant simulator. We believe in learning by doing. On day one you’ll put on the uniform, walk into a real Waffle House restaurant and start working alongside a Training Unit Manager. You’ll do everything they do until it becomes second nature. During this period, you’ll receive extra training from senior managers as well. Below are the opportunities and details of your training period.
- Be awarded stock option on your FIRST DAY!
- 6-on-2-off rotating shift schedule (work 6 days then you’re off 2 days)
- Begin at 6:30AM, end around 4:30PM daily
- 9-12 weeks management training, including 3rd-shift rotations
- 4 days at Waffle House University at corporate office after you have had a unit for 3 months
- Practice management by running different restaurants before being checked into your restaurant
- Trainees become familiar with team leadership, business systems, hands-on culture
- Medical/dental/life insurance benefits and vision discount after 30 days.
- Vacation – three weeks paid vacation per year.
- Continuing personal and professional development.
- Performance-based compensation once placed in your own store.
NO. OF RESTAURANTS