Unemployment Insurance Information
... For Employers
- Virginia Administrative Code
- Virginia Unemployment Compensation Act
- Precedent Decision Manual - Contains over 500 VEC and court cases that interpret the provisions of the Virginia Unemployment Compensation Act. This is a useful research tool especially for claimants, employers, attorneys and accountants.
- Guidance Documents - Case Decisions - In addition to the Precedent Decision Manual, the VEC has identified a number of case decisions that are frequently cited in its opinions, These case decisions have been designated as guidance documents, and are a useful supplement to the Precedent Decision Manual.
- Unpublished Court of Appeals Opinions
- An Analysis of the VA Unemployment Compensation System
- Restructuring Unemployment Compensation Report
If you need assistance with resolving a problem or have a question about unemployment benefits, taxes or other agency functions, please use our Agency Ombudsman contact form, or write:
Celia Yette, Ombudsman
Virginia Employment Commission, Room 100
P.O. Box 1358
Richmond, VA 23218-1358