Here is the information you need to get started now with your application for Unemployment Insurance Benefits...
File a New Claim for UI Benefits by Telephone:
Available 8:15am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday. Closed weekends and state holidays.
It is your responsibility to file your weekly continued claim on time, each week, while you are receiving benefits.
- File Your Weekly Continued Claim by Internet
- File Your Weekly Continued Claim by Telephone: 1-800-897-5630
Contact Information Changes
For TTY Callers: Virginia Relay, Call 711 or 800-828-1120
Virginia Relay enables people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf/blind, or speech disabled to communicate by TTY (text telephone).
Below are links to downloadable/printable documents that you may need to expedite your claim for Unemployment Insurance (UI).
Dealing with the Loss of a Job
- The UI Claims Process
- My UI Benefit Rights and Responsibilities
- My UI Claimant Handbook
- UI Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Claiming Partial Benefits
- Out-of-State Claims
Special Circumstance Information and Forms
These forms are to be used only after being directed to do so by a VEC representative.
- VEC B-14 - Physician's Certificate of Health/Request for Medical Information
To be used when your medical condition was a factor in your separation from your employer.
- VEC B-14A - Medical Professional Certificate of Health
To be used when your medical condition affects your weekly availability for work while receiving Unemployment Insurance benefits.
- Claim Cancellation Form
To be used to cancel your claim if only Virginia wages were included.
- Combined Wage Claim Cancellation Form
To be used to cancel your claim if wages from multiple states were included.
Anyone who has questions about Virginia Labor and Employment laws can submit them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response in 24 hours or less!