Here is the information you need to get started now with your application for Unemployment Insurance Benefits...
File a New Claim for UI Benefits Online
File a New Claim for UI Benefits by Telephone:
Available 8:15am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday. Closed weekends and state holidays.
It is your responsibility to file your weekly continued claim on time, each week, while you are receiving benefits.
- File Your Weekly Continued Claim by Internet
- File Your Weekly Continued Claim by Telephone: 1-800-897-5630
Contact Information Changes
For TTY Callers: Virginia Relay, Call 711 or 800-828-1120
Virginia Relay enables people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf/blind, or speech disabled to communicate by TTY (text telephone).
Below are links to downloadable/printable documents that you may need to expedite your claim for Unemployment Insurance (UI).
Dealing with the Loss of a Job
- The UI Claims Process
- My UI Benefit Rights and Responsibilities
- My UI Claimant Handbook
- UI Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Claiming Partial Benefits
- Out-of-State Claims
Special Circumstance Information and Forms
These forms are to be used only after being directed to do so by a VEC representative.
- VEC B-14 - Physician's Certificate of Health/Request for Medical Information
To be used when your medical condition was a factor in your separation from your employer.
- VEC B-14A - Medical Professional Certificate of Health
To be used when your medical condition affects your weekly availability for work while receiving Unemployment Insurance benefits.
- Claim Cancellation Form
To be used to cancel your claim if only Virginia wages were included.
- Combined Wage Claim Cancellation Form
To be used to cancel your claim if wages from multiple states were included.