Onsite Hiring Event in VA Beach & Newport News!
Sunday - August 21, 2022
RSVP at: https://butterflyeffects.com/virginiahiringevents/
Walk-ins welcome! Hiring on the spot!
Event 1: Newport News
- Location: Gather (Newport News)
- Address: 700 Tech Center Pkwy #200, Newport News, VA 23606
- Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Event 2: Virginia Beach
- Location: Gather (Virginia Beach)
- Address: 249 Central Park Avenue, Suite 300, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- Time: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Butterfly Effects is hiring Child Interventionists (ABA Behavior Technicians) to teach young children affected by autism. Our home-based treatment includes working directly with the child and family in their natural environment, typically in their homes. We teach children how to communicate, share, play, wait, and other essential skills. Our Child Interventionist makes the home-session fun by teaching through play-based activities. We offer training to all staff, so they feel confident in their skills to instruct children affected by autism. The best fit Child Interventionist is someone very outgoing, energetic, friendly, and has childcare experience. If you love kids and have a desire to make a lasting impact in the lives of others, this is a fit for you!
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years of experience working with children, or 24+ college credits completed in a related field of study
- Valid driver's license & reliable vehicle
- Web Enabled Device (laptop, tablet, or smart phone)
- Positive attitude and strong people skills to work with children and families
PAY: $19.00 - $24.00 per hour based on experience, education, and certifications
SCHEDULE: Part-Time, typically 10-20 hours per week
- Afterschool hours between 3pm-7pm are most common, but schedules and hours will vary based on client needs.
- Must have availability at least 3 weekdays each week
- Schedules and hours will be determined during training, and staff will be matched with clients based on their schedule availability and proximity to available clients
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
COMPANY OVERIVEW: Butterfly Effects is a long-standing nationwide provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for families affected by autism across 12 states. Butterfly Effects had served over 10,000 families since 2005. Our treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The Butterfly Effects treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) who will meet the child & family for the first time and create a treatment plan catered to them. The BCBA will also supervise the Behavior Technicians implementing the treatment plan and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Newport News: 700 Tech Center Pkwy #200, Newport News, VA 23606 (10am-1pm)
Virginia Beach: 249 Central Park Avenue, Suite 300, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (2:30pm-5:30pm)