Make a Splash and Some Cash with a Summer Job at the Water Mine!
The Water Mine Family Swimmin’ Hole, located in Reston, Virginia, and operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority, has a splashtastic summer job opportunity just for you! From lifeguards and park attendants to cashiers and security staff, the Water Mine is hiring more than 200 seasonal team members to join the crew.
Pay is competitive starting at $12 per hour for lifeguards, $11 per hour for park attendants, $11 per hour for cashiers, $14 per hour for security, and over $13 per hour for leadership staff.
Lifeguards must be 15 years old or older to apply. No prior experience or certifications are required to apply. Lifeguard training and uniforms are provided free of charge.
Prerequisites for the lifeguard certification course are the ability to:
- Swim 50 yards continuously using a front crawl or breaststroke.
- Retrieve a 10-pound dive brick from a depth of 5 feet.
- Swim a minimum distance of 10 feet underwater.
- Successfully get out of the pool at the pool’s edge without using a ladder, steps or ramp.
The Water Mine is holding virtual interview sessions and in-person open hires and welcomes job seekers to attend.
Job Seekers are welcome to join for a virtual interview on the following days:
- Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, at 11 a.m. via Zoom
- Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022, at 5 p.m. via Zoom
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022, at 5 p.m. via Zoom
- Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022, at 2 p.m. via Zoom
Or come to the Water Mine, located at 1400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston, Virginia, for an open hire on one of the following days:
- Monday, March 7, 2022, anytime between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, April 4, 2022, anytime between 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, April 9, 2022, anytime between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, April 23, 2022, anytime between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, May 7, 2022, anytime between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, May 15, 2022, anytime between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Job seekers attending an in-person open hire will have the opportunity to interview, and if offered a position, complete hire paperwork. To complete hire paperwork, please bring your banking information (routing number and account number) to enroll in direct deposit, original Social Security card AND an unexpired photo ID (Such as driver’s license/permit, passport, military ID or school ID). Copies will not be accepted. Prospective employees will also be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Can’t make it to a virtual interview or in-person open hire? Submit an online application on the Water Mine’s website.
Please note: All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption before their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will still be subject to the weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.
For information, contact the Water Mine at
; or call 703-246-5933.