The Hidenwood Retirement Community is hosting weekly "Talent Tuesday's" from 1:00pm-3:00pm. We are currently seeking Full-Time & Part-Time Licensed Practical Nurses, Registered Medication Aids and Certified Nursing Assistants on all shifts. We will be conducting on the spot interviews for qualified candidates!
Some other requirements of our LPNs/RMAs/CNAs are:
- To maintain a working knowledge of all policies and procedures pertaining to the position.
- To attend or complete 12 hours of in-service training every 12 months.
- To document medications given to residents in the appropriate records and charts.
- To manage inventory of medications
- To respond to resident call bells and pendants.
- To make rounds to check on residents as assigned during shift.
- To assist residents with activities of daily living such as assisting in bathing, dressing, and grooming, toileting and transferring.
- Administers CPR and first aid as needed.
- Must have completed an approved geriatric nursing assistant training program and/or comparable training and experience.
- Must be certified by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Must have completed approved med aide training course and understands the safe and proper practices of medication administration.
- Must be registered with the Board of Nursing as a med tech/medication aide.
- Must have 4 hours of medication management training annually.
- Must be able to accurately document medications administered to residents in PCC, residents’ charts, and the 24-hour communication book, as needed.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to exert up to 75 lbs. of force occasionally and exert up to 50 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
50 Wellesley Drive
Newport News, VA 23606