*** Important Next Step – See below ***
The CARES Act includes a provision of temporary benefits for individuals who are not eligible for regular/traditional unemployment insurance.
- You had established a regular/traditional claim for unemployment insurance benefits. You were found to be Disqualified or Ineligible for those benefits.
- You returned to work but then became separated from that new term of employment because of the coronavirus pandemic crisis.
- You are not eligible for regular/traditional benefits because the prior Disqualification or Ineligibility is still in effect.
- Or, your status was otherwise affected by COVID-19
- You are now able to file for benefits under the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. Please see the link below to Gov2Go and the PUA application.
**Please File the PUA application by clicking the link below**
Apply Online Now
or download the app:
A provision within the CARES Act is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. It will provide unemployment insurance benefits to those who are not covered by the regular/traditional Virginia state UI program.
- The link above will take you to the PUA application. You will be asked to create a user name and password. Complete the application which should result in a confirmation number.
- The VEC will process the PUA application. An effective date of the PUA claim will be established from the information in the application. The VEC will create a “monetary determination” as a result of this PUA claim and notify you of your benefit eligibility.
- Please note that the VEC will retain your banking information from the original UI application. That information will carry over to the PUA claim.
- The VEC may require additional documentation to validate your claim, reprocess your monetary determination or to investigate fraud.