The Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) program is a federal program that provides an additional $300 per week to claimants in Virginia who are eligible for at least $100 per week in unemployment insurance compensation from any of the following:
- Unemployment compensation, including regular State Unemployment Compensation, Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees (UCFE) and Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Service members (UCX)
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Extended Benefits (EB)
Applicants will need to self-certify that they are unemployed/partially unemployed due to disruptions caused by COVID-19. Please follow the link below to the Gov2Go website. You will be able to log in and provide the information necessary to complete the LWA process.
Important Information to consider:
- If you live outside the state of Virginia and have not set up a Gov2Go account please call 1-866-832-2363 to certify for LWA.
- Please complete this certification as soon as possible. The LWA program has limited funding.
LWA - Apply Online Now
or download the app:
LWA will be retroactive to the benefit week ending August 1, 2020.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has granted funds to support the LWA program. The VEC will pay these benefits as long as funding remains available.
The VEC is in the final stages of programming for LWA. We expect programming to be complete and the agency to begin making payments October 15, 2020. However, you must complete the LWA attestation process with Gov2Go.
- Payment Amount:
- Additional $300 per week.
- Duration of LWA Benefits:
- First Payable Week: August 1, 2020.
- Last Payable Week: September 5, 2020.