You should be viewing these instructions on this page only if you were recently received at least one of the following:
- A text message directing you to this page
- A voice message directing you to this page
- An email directing you to this page
*** If you did NOT receive any of these communications, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE. ***
If you DID receive one of the communications above, you must proceed and comply with the following instructions.
You must complete the verification process within 10 days of receipt of our communication to you.
If you have not filed a claim for unemployment benefits since January 1, 2020, you may be a victim of identity theft. To report this, please go here.
The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) is requiring you to re-authenticate your identity in order to 1) help establish that you were legitimately entitled to any unemployment benefits already paid to you and 2) help establish your entitlement to any future or claimed but not yet paid unemployment benefits. There are many reasons the VEC may need verification of your identity, and there is no cause for concern or alarm. The VEC is aware that you have previously verified your identity through ID.me; however, a new issue has arisen which requires us to again confirm your identity. This re-authentication process should be very quick and easy.
You must follow these steps to re-authenticate your identity:
- Visit https://hosted-pages.id.me/virginia-employment-commission-reauthenticate
- Click on the green “Verify with ID.me” button.
- Log in to your ID.me account with your email and password.
- Complete Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Review the prompt on the screen.
- Authorize ID.me to share your information with the VEC by clicking “Allow.”
You must complete this verification process within 10 days of receiving your notification. Failure to complete this process may result in delay or denial of benefits and a potential finding that you have been overpaid benefits previously issued.ID.me is a trusted, secure service used by many government agencies and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information about ID.me, please visit help.id.me and/or watch this instructional video. If you are having trouble navigating the ID.me process, view the PDF’s below for more helpful information:
- How to Set Up and Protect Your ID.me Account - Long Version | Short Version | Spanish Version
- State Unemployment FAQ's
- How to Verify Your Identity on a Video Call | Spanish Version