Below is a list of informational and instructional videos and webinars for employers in Virginia.
The Virginia Workforce Connection Website: A Tutorial for Employers
Geographic Solutions has developed a series of interactive videos to help employers navigate and use the Virginia Workforce Connection website. Listed below are the videos with descriptions and links to view them. Please note, you will need the Adobe Flash Player to view these files. If you do not already have it installed, you can go here to download it.
Videos for Employers
- How to Use This Site - (7:47) Learn how to identify and use valuable system resources. This video will help you navigate the system with confidence and ease.
- Creating an Employer Account - (8:19) Learn how to create your employer account to complete system registration. This will enable you to take full advantage of system resources, such as posting job orders and searching for candidate resumes.
- Post a Job - (11:14) Learn how to create and manage job orders to fill job vacancies in your company. The Job Order Wizard relies on the O*NET program, the nation's primary source of occupational information.
- Candidate Resume Search - (12:22) Learn how to conduct a resume search to find suitable candidates. The video will demonstrate the various search options available and how to manage search results.
- The Virtual Recruiter for Employers - (4:19) Learn how the system automatically searches for resumes based on your desired criteria. When it finds a match, the system will create a notification alert using your preferred method(s) of contact.
- My Employer Workspace Overview - (5:16) This interface provides employers with quick access to workforce development information and common labor exchange tasks. The Virtual OneStop dashboard is interactive, visually presenting information in a way that is easy to read and interpret – through the use of graphics and other standard means. Employers may customize the actual widgets in operation to more precisely display desired options.
Videos for Staff, Individuals, and Employers
- How to use these videos - (1:00) Learn how to use the video player to view the training videos. There are various control options available to help you manage these self-paced tutorials.
- How to Conduct an Occupation Search - (3:52) Learn how to search for and select a desired occupation. The system uses the O*NET program, the nation's primary source of detailed occupational information.