Recruiting and training new employees can be a big drain on your bottom line. When you are ready to recruit employees, the Virginia Employment Commission can help. When you need to hire the right people, we’re the right people to turn to!
Our goal at the VEC is to help you find the qualified employees you need without spending a lot of time or money. You can reduce your hiring costs by matching the skills you need to job seekers who have those skills. You can reduce training costs as well by hiring the right people with the right skills from the start!
As a partner in the Virginia Workforce Network, the Virginia Employment Commission is responsible for matching people with jobs using the Virginia Workforce Connection online system.
Click Here or on “Post a Job/Find a Candidate.”
This link will take you to the Virginia Workforce Connection. A wide variety of powerful recruiting features are available to you after you register as an employer.
- You can post jobs online and choose whether or not to display your contact information.
- You can search locally, statewide, and nationally for job candidates.
- You can schedule automated candidate searches using the Virtual Recruiter.
- You can manage résumé search results by ranking and saving candidates to your favorites folder.
- You can create interview questions and required skills lists to add to your job posting.
- A shortcut is available to help you search for qualified veterans.
- You can link your recruiting website to the jobs you post.
- Real-time labor market information provides details about the available workforce.
The Virginia Employment Commission has local offices across the state with staff available to educate employers about the powerful recruiting resources of the Virginia Workforce Connection and labor market information for decision makers.
You can contact the local office in your area by clicking on the link below.