Under supervision, the food service worker provides customers with quality food and service in a safe, sanitary, and timely manner of all foods provided in the dining location.
- Greets and serves customers in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Performs routine food services tasks under general supervision or instruction in a food production and/or customer service area.
- Serves and prepares, as needed, all food required in the food services program based upon recipes and food production guidelines.
- Provided a clean and tidy work area for serving food.
- Performs job in a safe manner following all established safety rules to reduce potential of injuries.
- Proper handling of special diet students.
- Replenishes dining area items as needed in a timely manner.
- Washes and cleans equipment, food preparation areas, while maintaining the highest possible standards of sanitation.
- Operates all food preparation equipment in a safe manner.
- Cooperates and communicates with other staff and coworkers.
- Uses cleaning chemicals and supplies in accordance with specified safety protocols.
- Reports non working, damaged or malfunctioning equipment to Supervisor and or Manager in a timely manner.
- Perform other requests and assignments as requested by management.
- Maintain positive interaction with co-workers and customers so that efficient and quality service is provided to our customers.
- Be aware of customer needs, assist when possible or refer them to a shift manager who can assist with their requests.
- Share the responsibility for a safe work environment with your team
- Work safely, stay alert, practice good housekeeping, remove potential hazards and follow all established safety regulations.
- Report all incidents/accidents while working to your manager immediately
- Understand all safety regulations of your operation including required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Prior job related experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and carry out responsibilities.
- Performs the same tasks over frequently in the same way.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to accept in a positive manner information and instruction from customers and superiors.
- Lift 40 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 25 lbs
Phone: (817) 797-2325
Valley Workforce Center
160 N Mason St.
Upcoming Job Fairs
Oceaneering Veteran Outreach Recruitment Event at the VEC
March 22, 2018 - Hampton
50 & Better! Job Fair
March 22, 2018 - Culpeper County
Bayside of Poquoson Job Fair
March 22, 2018 - Poquoson
ABM Janitorial Services
March 22, 2018 - Norfolk
Effex Hiring for Warehouse Positions
March 22, 2018 - Henrico County
Lakewood - New Beginnings Spring Fling
March 22, 2018 - Richmond
Spring In-House Career Fair
March 22, 2018 - Virginia Beach