Find a Job - Job Seeker Services
Find a Job
Register as a Job Seeker with the Virginia Workforce Connection (VWC) for access to all the services available and so you can find a job and Employers can FIND YOU! You will find Job Search, Career Information, Training Opportunities, Skill requirements, Labor Market Information including Wage data, Industry and Occupational trends.
- Go to the Virginia Workforce Connection then click on "Job Seeker".
- In the "Quick Menu" on the left, click on "Job Search"
- Veterans can search by military occupation by clicking the "Click Here" link next to the American flag, just below the Search button.
The Virginia Workforce Connection is a product of the Virginia Workforce Network. Please return to the VEC website for information not found on the VWC.
File an Unemployment Claim Online
- File a new claim for unemployment benefits
- Reopen an existing claim after a break has occurred in your weekly request for payments.
- File a partial Claim
- File your Continued / Weekly claim for benefits.
- Electronic Payment Method - Debit Card/Direct Deposit
- Download a 1099-G for 2011
- VEC/State Job Openings
- Helpful Links
- Family Access to Medical Insurance Security
- Handling a Panel Interview
- Links to Employment World Wide Web Sites
- O*Net resource Center
- Out of State Employment Services
- Preparing for the Job Interview
- Resources on Behavioral Interviews
- Virginia Workforce Network - WIA
- Financial Literacy
State Monitor Advocate
Any complaints relating to the provision of services to job seekers or employers should be sent to:
State Monitor Advocate
Virginia Employment Commission - Room 308
Attn: Michelle Castellow Abraham
703 East Main Street,
Richmond, VA 23219,
or by calling 804-786-6094.
Veterans Employment Services
Specialized employment and transition services for veterans are available in VEC Workforce Centers.
Services by VEC Partners
Virginia Workforce Network
Virginia Workforce Network (VWN) is the brand name for Virginia’s system of one-stop career centers and other activities related to the Workforce Investment Act.
Job Seeker Assistance
Resources on Federal Bonding, Virginia Civil Rights Restoration, and Public Assistance available to ex-offenders.
Explore careers, self assessment, find resources for career education training by 17 regions in Virginia and 16 different job families (designed for middle & high school students and parents).
Workforce Compliance & Oversight Information
Provides a comprehensive index of federal legislation, rules and regulations impacting workforce compliance and oversight issues.
Valley Staffing Job Fair - December 1, 2015
STARTEK Hiring Event - December 1, 2015
Capstone Logistics -
Repeats every week every Tuesday until Wed Dec 30 2015.December 1, 2015, December 8, 2015, December 15, 2015, December 22, 2015, December 29, 2015
Job Fair - December 2, 2015
Dailey's Health Care, Inc. Job Fair - December 2, 2015